April 8, 2009

surgery...

Aleah has had a clogged tear duct. Tuesday we went in to get it probed and have a stint put in. Since she has been born she has always had a gooppy eye, we are always wiping it dry. Last month we took her to the doctor and they probed her eye. It was very sad, but I was so happy to not have her put under. We had a 90% success rate so we felt pretty confident. But a week later the gooppy eye returned. So Tuesday we took her up to Primary Children's to have surgery on her eye. She did SO good. I was very proud of our little girl. We had to check in by 7:00am in the morning and her surgery didn't start till 8:30. She was doing fine until about 8:15 and then she couldn't take it any longer and wanted to eat and go back to bed. I thought they would put her out and then take her back, but no we walked her to the door and the anesthesiologist said ok this is where I take her...WHAT I was so nervous about passing her off to someone else(she has stranger danger). She started to cry, but found his chest hair and all tears went away. Side note: Aleah loves chest hair. It all started with her grandpa's chest hair sticking out of his shirt and now she will pull down Jeff's and grandpas shirts to see the chest hair. Crazy girl!! The surgery took about 15 minutes, which for a mother seemed like eternity. I was able to go back and sit with her while she came out. She was pretty upset but was able to keep liquids down and we were soon out and on our way home. Aleah did so good and in about six weeks we go back to the doctors office to have the stint removed. It was so hard see my little girl scared and hurt but it didn't last long. Here are some pictures of the whole ordeal.







5 comments:

Christiansen's said...

Oh Holly, I can't even imagine having to have a kid being put out. I am so glad the surgery went well. I love her obsession about chest hair, that is awesome and made me totally laugh. What a cutie!

Jenni said...

chest hair?? Oh we love our little Aleah!

Holly said...

YEAH for goop-free eyes!! I remember thinking that Hailey looked like she had been punched in the nose after her surgery! I'm so glad it's done!

rochelle said...

I am so glad she did well. What a little trooper! We love you Aleah! She and Shane should be best buds....

Alisha said...

You are so brave! I don't think I could do it!