June 25, 2010

Our Visit to Primary's

So we have decided that Boden likes having the nurses around or something because we got home and maybe there for a week before he started getting sick with a cold. We went to the Doctors and he said it was just a cold and not in his lungs yet. But that later that night he started vomiting after every feeding and would not wake up for his feedings. I would have to wake him up and force him to eat and then he would throw it all back up. I called again and they said to have him sleep sitting up and make sure that I was cleaning his breathing out more consistently.

Well it continued so I went to the Doctors again and when she walked in the room she said "He does not look so good" and checked his temperature, it was 95. So she said we needed to get to Primarys immediately. I called Jeff and told him to get here and we would go up together. But they continued to monitor his oxygen and it was in around 75 so the doctor said he would have to ride up to Primary's in the ambulance. So we left up to Primarys and they ran every test in the book. It was not fun watching our little guy hooked up to all the tubes and cables again knowing that he was so sick.






Results came back from the tests and they confirmed he had RSV. So he stayed in the PICU for 4 days. We got to bring him home on oxygen. He recovered pretty quickly. We loved the nursing staff up there at Primary's. Everyone loved our little Guy and Jeff loved the slushees. I think the hospital staff knew us because of his craving for the slushees not for our son.


1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. It's not fun!!