May 23, 2010

BODEN JEFFREY FEVERYEAR



Wow...I don't even know where to start. This little guy decided to come a little early at 35 1/2 weeks to be exact. It all started on April 26. Aleah and I were running errands and I took a little fall in a parking lot. It was quite the scary experience, I spent six hours in the women's center getting monitored. Spent a few hours in the ER making sure I was fine and the baby. They did an ultrasound to make sure there was no tear in the placenta. I had a bruised chin, cut on my nose, major scrapes on my wrist and knee. It really hurt. I was discharged with everything looked good and we went home. The whole next week I didn't feel the greatest, but I was ok. The next monday was Aleah's 2nd birthday. Jeff and I took her to lunch and had a little party afterward with the family. Monday was not a great day I was throwing up throughout the day and just exhausted. After the party my mom was great to help Jeff and I clean up everything.

We went to bed that night and around 1:30am I started having contractions at around 2:30am I woke Jeff up I told him I had a bad stomache ache that was coming and going about every 5 to 7 minutes. I was totally in denial about being in labor. After about an hour we decided we should go to the hospital. We arrived at 4:30am I was having some good contractions but wasn't dialated to anything so they stopped my contractions and gave me some morphene, and sent me home on bedrest. We got home around 10:30am, Jeff left for work and my mom stayed with me and Aleah. I was still having some contractions, but nothing too strong. After Jeff left for work they started coming every 3 to 5 minutes and they were lasting about a minute and 30 seconds per contraction. So I called Jeff to get him home and as soon as he arrived we went back to the Hospital. We got there around 12:30pm and they checked me and I was dialated to a 5. When Jeff and I heard that we started to cry thinking that this baby was going to be so small and he was not ready to come. So I asked if I was going to get an epideral and the nurse said they needed to get my IV going and get my blood to the lab before any of that. So as we were waiting I was in active labor and felt pressure. I told the nurse and they checked me again and said I was to an 8. Right then my doctor came through the door and checked me again to see what were the next steps. From this point on it got a little crazy. My contractions seemed to keep coming and I was not getting a break. I had a great cheer squad behind me with all of the nurses. My doctor said he could break my bag of water and we could have the baby here in about 5 minutes or I can try to get the epideral. One nurse "Bobby" said to just go natural and get this baby here. I had no idea what to do, I was in so much pain and I just wanted someone to make the decision for me. So we decide to go NATURAL and my doctor broke my bag of water and right then I wanted to push, I couldn't tell you how good it felt pushing, I pushed through 3 contractions and finally had my little boy around 1:31pm.

He weighed 5lbs 13 ounces and was 19 inches long. He was crying and sounded beautiful when he came. I was so worried about his lungs and the development of them, so to hear that little sweet boy cry was the best little sound.

Boden had to stay in the nursery due to low blood sugar. When the placenta was delivered my doctor saw that there was a tear in it and that was the cause for the early delivery and with each contraction it would get worse. Boden stayed in the nursery (NICU) for 8 days and we finally got to bring him out once he was able to take all of his eatings by mouth.

Here are some pictures of Boden in the hospital...

















HOORAY... a picture of him going home!!!





Our first family picture...






Aleah holding him for the first time. She is such a good big sister and adore her little brother.

5 comments:

Alisha said...

How did I miss this post??? I kept telling my hubby I need to see that baby! He is so beautiful. We are SO GLAD you are all okay! Now we'll have to come see him in person.

Bekah said...

We are so happy he is healthy and getting bigger now! Evertime I see him, his cheeks are filling out. That is a good thing! What a scary thing to go through. That's great that you went NATURAL! I will need to get tips from you!

Joy said...

Huge congratulations!!! I want to come see him as soon as you are up for it. I get back into town on July 12th, so let me know!

rochelle said...

I am so glad that Boden is finally home and doing well. He had a rough start. We love you!!!

Kurt and Katie Rowley said...

Sounds like quite the experience to get him here...but he is SO adorable! Congratulations to all of you!